Dart River Funyaks (return ex Queenstown)
Dart River Funyaks is an amazing journey from Glenorchy deep into the heart of the world-renowned Mt Aspiring National Park. Get up-close with nature with a gentle paddle on sparkling waters.
Combine wilderness jet boating with unique Funyak in stable canoes for a fun way to explore the Dart River as well as hidden side streams, rock pools and dramatic chasms. Enjoy the peace
and tranquility of this stunning area at your own pace as you float downstream, as well as a sumptuous buffet lunch before heading past Paradise and on to Glenorchy.
Dart River Funyaks includes:
• Sit back, relax and enjoy the fantastic lakeside scenery on our complimentary courtesy bus to Glenorchy with an entertaining narrative from your local driver describing Lake Wakatipu and
its legends. The spectacular 46km drive from Queenstown to Glenorchy is one of the world’s Top 10 scenic drives.
• Enjoy an hour of highspeed wilderness jet boating through the waters of the Dart River into the Te Wāhipounamu World Heritage Area and your Funyak launch site.
• Professional, friendly guides take you on an inspiring adventure as you gently drift in your own Funyak.
• Take your time and find those special spots where flora, fauna and the power of nature combine to create magic.
• Stop along the way and enjoy a wilderness picnic lunch.
• Learn about the Pounamu (Greenstone) that made the Dart River a key trading route for early Māori.
• Travel a backcountry route to Glenorchy and put yourself in scenes and backdrops from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies.
Prices are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD). The tour is available 365 days a year.
From 1 October to 30 April it starts at 07:45. From 1 May to 30 September - at 08:00. Minimum 4 participants required.
Life jackets are mandatory and supplied along with spray jackets, wetsuits & booties and fleece tops.
What to bring?
Summer: Sunglasses, sun hat, insect repellent, camera, sunscreen and warm outer layer recommended.
Winter: Wear thermals including woollen socks, warm clothing, hat, gloves, windproof jacket, sunglasses, insect repellent & camera.
Bring swimwear and towel year round.
No experience required. Children must be a minimum of 5 years of age and a metre in height.
Total duration of the tour
8 hours 30 minutes
100% cancellation fee apply if you cancel the tour within 48 hours before the tour
Departure from The Station building, Queenstown